250 g (1/2lb) Butter
1 cup Sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla
2 cups Flour
5ml (1tsp) Ginger
5ml (1tsp) Cinnamon
5ml (1tsp) Baking Powder
5ml 1(1tsp) Bicarb
250ml (1 cup) Sour Cream
80g (1/2cup) Chopped Pecan Nuts
100g Handful of Raisins.
2 tbls Butter
1/4 cup Sugar
1 tsp Cinnamon
1/4 cup Pecan Nuts
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 C (350F)
2. Cream butter and sugar very well.
3. Add eggs and vanilla and beat till very smooth.
4. In a separate bowl sift together the dry ingredients.
5. Add the dry ingredients and the sour cream to the wet mixture alternating between the two.
6. Fold in the pecans and raisins.
7. Pour into a large buttered glass dish or baking tray.
8. Mix the ingredients for the toppings in a small bowl.
9. Cover batter with the mixed topping.
10. Bake for 35 minutes till golden.
11. Serve with a steaming cup of coffee