Makes about 80
125 grams Butter
3/4 cup Sugar
4 tsp Ginger
2 tsp Mixed Spice
2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 cup Syrup
2 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda mixed with 1/4 cup boiling water
4 cups Flour (plus a little extra to get the correct consistency)
Oven 180 C (350F)
1. Cream butter and sugar.
2. Add eggs one at a time beating all the time.
3. Add ginger, mixed spice and cinnamon and mix.
4. Add syrup and bi-carb mixture.
5. Gradually add flour beating all the time.
6. At this stage chill the dough. Do not add more flour until the dough is well chilled.
7. Roll out and cut into shapes.
8. Bake for about 10-15 minutes
This mixture holds well for a ginger bread house.