This is the creamiest fudge I have ever tasted. It is very easy to make but you have to keep stirring and cannot walk away. If it gets too hot it will caramelize and burn on the bottom.
125ml (1/2cup) water
1 480g tin condensed milk
1 1/2 lbs sugar
1/4 lb butter
2 tbls Golden syrup
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Rinse your pot and add cold water, sugar, butter and syrup.
2. Cook on medium heat until the butter has melted.
3. Once the butter has melted add the condensed milk and salt.
4. Bring to the boil while stirring and continue to boil and stir for another 20 minutes.
5. You will know it’s ready to be removed from the stove when you take the spoon and wipe the side of the pot and it creates a grating sound.
6. Next add the vanilla carefully and stir. Stand back when adding the vanilla so it does not splash out and burn you.
7. Remove from the stove and beat for 2 minutes with an electric mixture or use a wire whisk.
8. Pour into a greased cookie pan and allow to set.
9. Cut into squares just before it sets.