I found this recipe on Facebook. The author is Carlsbadcravings. I’ve made some changes to the method. I made it in Miami and found it to be dense so changed the Method. It is novel and delicious.
1 1/2 cups sugar
1/2 cup light brown sugar
3/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup plain yogurt -can be low fat
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp orange extract
2 cups all purpose/cake flour
2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbls ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp allspice
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 1/2 cups peeled and finely grated carrots
1 cup finely chopped pecans
CREAM CHEESE FILLING
8 oz (250g) cream cheese
1/2 cup sugar
1 large egg
1 tsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
3 tbls all purpose (cake) flour
ORANGE CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
4 oz (125g) cream cheese
2 tbls butter, softened
2 tbls orange juice
1 tbls orange zest
2 tsp lemon juice
1 tsp orange extract
2 cups powdered (icing) sugar
Chopped pecans to decorate
1. Preheat oven to 350 (180) degrees. Butter and flour a 10″ bundt cake pan.
2. Make the cream cheese filling. Beat the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy.
Beat in remaining filling ingredients until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a large bowl beat the 4 eggs with the two sugars until light and fluffy. Add the oil and beat again. Add the yogurt,vanilla and orange extract and beat.
4. Sieve the dry ingredients and add to the wet beating till combined. Fold in the pecans & carrots.
5. Pour 2/3rds of the mixture into the bundt pan.
6. Using a spoon, gently place the cheese filling over the carrot mixture being careful not to touch the sides of the pan.
7. Cover with the rest of the carrot mixture.
8. Place in oven and bake for an hour. Turn the pan after 45 minutes. Check that a knife inserted is clean otherwise bake a little longer.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes before removing from the pan.
10. To make the Orange glaze, using a hand beater cream together all the ingredients except the powdered(icing) sugar. Once creamy add the powdered(icing) sugar beating all the time.
11. Place on a plate and drizzle the glaze over the cake. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.