5 Large Potatoes
1½ Cups Flour (Plus Extra If Needed)
½ Tsp Salt
Parmesan Cheese, Grated
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/ 375°F
- Boil potatoes, unpeeled, in water till soft.
- Drain and peel potatoes.
- Mash potatoes using a ricer if you have one. Potato needs to be very smooth.
- Add egg, salt, flour and mix. If mixture is still sticky add up to an extra ½ cup
flour till the mixture is not sticky and forms a ball.
- Bring a large pot of water to the boil. Add 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Divide potato into 4 portions and roll into a long sausage.
- Cut on the diagonal like the photo above and roll with a fork to make indentations.
- Place a few pieces at a time into the boiling water. They will rise to the surface when they are cooked.
- Place some Neapolitan sauce in a large ovenproof dish. Cover the entire bottom of the dish.
- Remove the gnocchi with a slotted spoon and place on the Neapolitan sauce.
- Repeat with the rest of the potato.
- Drizzle over cream. I use about 200 mls.
- Grate Parmesan cheese over the top of the cooked gnocchi.
- Bake uncovered for about 30 minutes at 190°C/ till bubbling and the tops are golden.