250G Butter Or Block Margarine (Earth Balance)
1 Cup Sugar
6 Tbls Canola Oil
4 Cups All-Purpose Flour
2 ½Tsp Baking Powder
1 Cup Flaked (Desiccated Unsweetened) Coconut
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F.
- Cream butter/margarine and sugar together till light, fluffy and pale yellow.
- Add oil 2 tbls at a time beating well.
- Add eggs, one at a time beating until well incorporated.
- Sift flour & baking powder and add to the wet mixture in 3 batches.
- Add coconut and beat in.
- Using a Sawa press, fill with dough and press out shapes onto an
ungreased baking tray.
- Sprinkle with chocolate sprinkles or glace cherries.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes till golden. Remove and cool on wire rack.