Spinach & Ricotta
1 Cup Whole Milk Ricotta Cheese
1 Pound (500g) Frozen Spinach, Thawed And Squeezed Dry. Can Use Fresh.
1 Cup Parmesan Cheese – Grated
2 Egg Yolks
¼ Tsp Freshly Grated Nutmeg
1 Tsp Salt
½ Tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
5 Tbls All Purpose (Cake) Flour, Plus Extra For Coating
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
2. In a large bowl, mix ricotta, spinach, Parmesan cheese, eggs and yolks.
3. Stir in the nutmeg, salt, pepper and flour. Mix. Mixture is very soft.
4. Using a spoon form into oval shapes.
5. Dredge in the flour to coat, tapping off excess.
6. Slide formed gnudi into the boiling water. Be careful not to overcrowd the pan. Work in batches
7. Remove the gnudi using a slotted spoon after they float to the top and have cooked for a few minutes.
8. Place the neapolitan sauce in a dish and add the gnudi. Sprinkle with parmesan and bake till golden.