2 ¼ Cup Flour (Use all purpose Gluten Free Flour to make Gluten Free)
4 Tsp Baking Powder
¾ Cup Cocoa
1 ½ Cups Sugar
Pinch of Salt
1 Cup Oil
2 Tsp White Vinegar
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract
2 Cups of Water
2 Tbsp Vegan Butter/Margarine (Earth Balance)
2 Tbsp Cocoa
1 ½ Cups Powdered Sugar
1 Egg White (unbeaten)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Sift together flour, baking powder, cocoa, sugar and salt.
- Make one large well and 2 small wells. Place oil in large well and vinegar and vanilla in smaller wells.
- Beat with electric beaters until combined
- Add eggs and water and beat until well combined.
- Place in a greased rectangle Pyrex or baking pan [about 13”(33cm) x 9”(23cm)].
- Bake for 40 mins or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cake cool completely.
- Melt Vegan Butter and cocoa powder over low heat. Stir until well blended.
- In a separate bowl mix together powdered sugar and egg white.
- Add the above mixture to the butter, cocoa mixture and stir over low heat until blended.
- Pour over cooled cake and spread to cover entire cake.