This slab cake makes a very large 40×28 cm 16×11 inch cake. It is a hot milk sponge.
CHOCOLATE SLAB CAKE
2 ½ Cups Sugar
1 ½ Cups Water
1 Cup Oil
1 Cup Milk
3 Cups + 2 Tbls Cake Flour
½ Cup Cocoa
6 Tsp Baking Powder
1. Beat eggs and sugar in a mixmaster for 8 minutes
2. While mixture is beating Place the water, oil & milk in a saucepan and heat till bubbles form on the edge.
3. Remove from heat
4. Sif the flour, Cocoa & baking powder into a bowl.
5. Add the sifted ingredients to the egg mixture beating all the time.
6. Add the warmed liquid beating.
7. Pour into a 40x28cm or 16x11inch lined pan.
8. Bake for 35 minutes.
For a Vanilla version replace the ½ cup cocoa with ½ cup extra cake flour and only use 1 ¼ cups water.
For a marble version. Use the vanilla version and add ¼ cup cocoa with 2 tbls boiling water to a third of the mixture and swirl through.
One thought on “Chocolate Slab Cake”
Interesting recipe, I will have to try this one!
LikeLiked by 1 person