14oz (350grams) Flat Rice Noodles
3 Tbsp Oil
2 Cloves Garlic
1/2 Block of Firm Tofu (cut into small pieces)
16 Raw Shrimp Tail on
1/2 Can Bean Sprouts (1 Cup Fresh Bean Sprouts)
4 Sprigs Green Onion (Cut into 1 inch pieces)
4 Tsp Fish Sauce
4 Tbsp Chopped Peanuts
4 Tsp Palm Sugar (Can Substitute Brown Sugar)
2 Tbsp Tamarind Paste
Optional: Thai Chili Peppers
1. Place noodles in a bowl and cover with room temperature water. Soak for 10 mins (should be tender but not soft enough to eat)
2. Add oil to wok and add chopped garlic, tofu, shrimp, sprouts and green onion. Stir until shrimp is pink and cooked.
3. Add lime juice, fish sauce, sugar, tamarind paste and noodles. If desired, you can add chopped thai chili peppers for added heat.
4. Stir continuously to combine, cook for 3-4 mins (until noodles are soft).
5. Push noodles to the side and add eggs, gently scramble until cooked.
6. Combine with noodles and serve.
7. Garnish with fresh lime, peanuts and sprouts.