One packet fresh rocket
4 baby golden beets
One large red onion
Salt and pepper
4 fresh figs
1/2 cup Pecans
1/3 cup brown sugar
1. Add the brown sugar to a frying pan and melt the sugar.
2. Add the pecans and coat throughly in the melted sugar.
3. Remove from the pan and place on a greased baking tray with foil.
4. Sprinkle with cinnamon and set aside to cool.
Roasted Beets and Caramelized Onions
1. Pre heat the oven to 400F/200C
2. Peel and quarter the beets.
3. Peel and cut the onion into wedges.
4. In one bowl, toss the beets with olive oil, salt and pepper and spread on a baking sheet.
5.In a seperate bowl do the same to the onion but also add a few splashes of balsamic vinegar and spread on a baking sheet.
6. Bake for 30 mins turning halfway.
6. Remove from the oven and cool.
1. In a medium bowl toss the rocket with balsamic vinegar and place on a serving dish.
2. Over the rocket, add the golden beets and the caramalized onion.
3. Break up the candied pecans and scatter on top.
4. Tear or quater the figs and place on top.
5. If desired, drizzle with additional olive oil and balsamic vinegar to serve.