400 g Halloumi Cheese Sliced into 2cm Batons
Flour for dusting
20ml Olive Oil
2 Avocado Pears, Peeled & Sliced
200g Smoked Salmon Julienned
Thinly Sliced English Cucumber
Mixed Salad Leaves
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
150ml Olive Oil
100ml Verjuice or Red Wine Vinegar
20ml Wholegrain mustard
1. Dust the Halloumi pieces in the Flour and coat well. This will protect the cheese from the heat in the cooking process
2. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan, until they are gently bubbling.
3. Place the Halloumi in the pan in batches, cooking until the cheese is golden – about 2 minutes each side.
4. Set aside in a warm place.
5. Cut the lemon in half, and squeeze generously over the avocado and salmon, season well.
6. Empty the salad leaves into a large bowl.
7. Place the avocado, cucumber, salmon and Halloumi over the top.
8. Season with salt & pepper.
9. Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
10. Pour over the salad just before serving.
11. TIP: Halloumi cheese can be incredibly salt and may overpower the other flavours. To prevent this soak the cheese in a little water for about 15 minutes before cooking Then make sure the cheese is well dried on paper towel before frying.