400 g Halloumi Cheese Sliced into 2cm Batons
20ml Olive Oil
2 Avocado Pears, Peeled & Sliced
200g Smoked Salmon Julienned
Thinly Sliced English Cucumber
Mixed Salad Leaves
Salt & Freshly Ground Black Pepper
150ml Olive Oil
100ml Verjuice or Red Wine Vinegar
20ml Wholegrain mustard
1. Heat the olive oil and butter in a frying pan, until they are gently bubbling.
2. Place the halloumi in the pan in batches, cooking until the cheese is golden – about 2 minutes each side.
3. Set aside in a warm place.
4. Cut the lemon in half, and squeeze generously over the avocado and salmon, season well.
5. Empty the salad leaves into a large bowl.
6. Place the avocado, cucumber, salmon and halloumi over the top.
7. Season with salt & pepper.
8. Mix all the vinaigrette ingredients together.
9. Pour over the salad just before serving.