Rice Paper Wrappers
1 Large Carrot, julienned
1 Cucumber, julienned
1 Red Bell Pepper, julienned
Vermicelli Rice Noodles (Soaked according to packaging)
Cooked Shrimp, peeled and sliced in half
¼ Cup Peanut Butter
1 Tbsp Hoisin Sauce
2 Tsp Soy Sauce
1 Tbsp Lime Juice
1 Tsp Chilli Garlic Sauce
1-2 Tbsp Warm Water, or more if needed
Garnish: Crushed Peanuts, Sprinkle Of Crushed Red Pepper
- Pour the warm water into a large pyrex dish or baking pan
- Dip one wrapper into the water at a time. Submerge for about 10-20 seconds (or according to packaging instructions). Wrapper should be soft but still slightly firm and pliable.
- Remove from the water and place onto a plastic or wood board.
- Add a few pieces of carrot, peppers, cucumber on the bottom of the wrapper closest to you. Top it with the mint, basil, noodles and lettuce. Add shrimp on top of the lettuce.
- Roll the wrapper by folding in the sides and rolling towards the top, like you would a burrito. Look at this step by step page if you are having a hard time.
- Place on a serving plate.
- Combine all ingredients, except garnishes, and miss until well combined. Add more water if mixture is too thick.
- Garnish with crushed peanuts and chili flakes.
- Serve whole or cut in half, slightly diagonally and serve with dipping sauce.
- Play around with whatever fresh ingredients you have.
- Omit shrimp for a vegetarian version.