200 g (7oz) Dark Chocolate
250 ml ((9oz) Cream or Orley Whip (Parev Cream)
½ cup Sugar
100 mls (3.52oz) /cream or non dairy cream
100 mls (3.52oz) Dark Chocolate
Oven 200º C (400º F) then 180 º C (350º F)
1. Using a medium saucepan bring the butter/marge and water to the boil.
2. Remove from heat and add the flour and salt.
3. Stirring continuously until the mixture clings together and leaves the sides of the pan.
4. Allow mixture to cool and then place in a mixing bowl.
5. Using an electric beater add the eggs one at a time beating after each addition.
6. Place a tablespoonful of the mixture onto a greased baking sheet, repeat and bake for 10 minutes at 200 and then reduce heat and bake for 10-15 minutes at 180 until dry and light brown.
7. Remove from the oven and pierce each éclair with a knife. If still wet inside return to oven for a few extra minutes.
8. Remove and let cool.
9. Slit and fill with the chocolate mousse.
10. To make the chocolate mousse, heat the chocolate over a double boiler untill smooth.
11. Separate the eggs and add the yolks to the warm chocolate beating them in. Set aside
12. Beat the egg whites with a ¼ cup sugar until soft peaks.
13. Beat the cream with the other ¼ cup of sugar until soft peaks.
14. Fold the chocolate into the cream and then fold in the egg whites..
15. Place in the fridge to set.
16. Once set fill eclairs with the chocolate mousse.
17. For the Chocolate Topping, Heat the cream, remove from the heat and add the chocolate. Stir until smooth.
18. Drizzle over the filled eclairs.