12oz (340 grams) Gluten Free Elbow Pasta (cooked al dente)
4 Tablespoons Butter
4 Tablespoons Gluten Free Flour
2 Cups Milk
2 Cups Mozzarella Cheese, Grated
1/2 Cup Sharp Cheddar, Grated
1/2 Cup Parmesan Cheese, Grated
Salt and Pepper
Pinch of Nutmeg
Preheat oven to 375F or 190C
1. Cook pasta according to packaging but make sure to cook it al dente and not completely soft. Drain and set aside.
2. Melt butter in a medium sized saucepan.
3. Add flour to melted butter and cook for 1 minute.
4. Remove from heat and whisk in milk, carefully stirring until smooth and no lumps
5. Add back to medium heat and continuously stir until roux thickens and coats the back of the spoon.
6. Once thick, add 1.5 cups of grated mozzarella cheese, 1/4 cup cheddar cheese and 1/4 cup of the parmesan cheese and stir until cheese is melted and mixed evenly.
7. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg
8. Remove from the heat and mix in the cooked pasta.
9. Transfer to a 13 x 9 pyrex, or oven proof dish, and top with remaining cheese.
10. Bake for 20-30 mins until side are bubbling and top gets browned.