1 Cup Castor Sugar
2 Eggs, Room Temperature
1 Tbls Smooth Apricot Jam
1 ¼ Cups Cake Flour
1 Tsp Bicarb of Soda
Pinch of Salt
2 Tbls Butter
1 Tsp Vinegar
½ Cup Milk
1 Cup Cream
½ Cup Butter
½ Cup Sugar
½ Cup Water, Orange Juice or Brandy
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Add the sugar and eggs to a medium sized mixing bowl. Using an electric or hand beater, beat castor sugar and eggs until light and fluffy.
- Add apricot jam and beat well.
- Sift dry ingredients 3 times in a separate bowl.
- Melt butter and add to vinegar and milk in a third bowl.
- Fold dry ingredients and milk mixture alternatively into egg mixtures.
- Once fully combined, pour mixture into a greased oven proof casserole/pyrex dish.
- Bake for 45 minutes.
- During the last 15 minutes of baking, melt all the sauce ingredients in a small pot over medium heat. Do not boil.
- Pour this sauce over the cake as soon as it’s removed from the oven, use a fork to aid absorption.
- Serve hot with ice cream or custard.
TIPS FOR MAKING GLUTEN FREE/DAIRY FREE
- GLUTEN FREE:
Substitute regular flour for gluten free flour.
- DAIRY FREE:
Substitute butter with Vegan Butter/Parev Margarine
Substitute milk with non dairy milk alternative – I used Cashew Milk
Substitute cream with Rich’s Non Dairy Whip Topping/Orly Whip
2 thoughts on “Malva Pudding”
Thank you for posting was worried you were not coming back, you need to carry on Maxine’s great recipes.
Send me some new ones too
On Sat, 9 Sep 2017 at 2:07 am, Oceans Between Kitchens wrote:
> Candice posted: ” MALVA PUDDING Serves 8 INGREDIENTS (Cake) 1 Cup Castor > Sugar 2 Eggs, Room Temperature 1 Tbls Smooth Apricot Jam 1 ¼ Cups Cake > Flour 1 Tsp Bicarb of Soda Pinch of Salt 2 Tbls Butter 1 Tsp Vinegar ½ Cup > Milk INGREDIENTS (Sauce) 1 Cup Cream ½ Cup Butter” >
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thanks Shirley, I will keep it up 🙂