4 medium tomatoes
1 cup oil – pref olive oil
¼ tsp tobasco sauce
2 green peppers
1 cup white vinegar
2 large raw onions
1 tbls mayonnaise
1 clove garlic
1 13oz bottle puréed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
3 chopped chives
1 cup water
3 slices bread cut small squares
1. Set aside ½ cucumber, ½ green pepper, ½ onion, all diced
2. Peel tomatoes and remaining cucumbers and onions.
3. Remove seeds from cucumbers and green peppers.
4. Chop tomato, cucumber, green pepper, onion and garlic. Place in a bowl with salt, water, oil, tobasco sauce and white vinegar. The bowl must be glass or silver, allow to soak for 2 hours.
5. Liquidize then strain and add mayonnaise and tomato sauce and stir very well.
6. Fry bread squares till golden and serve in a bowl.
7. Place vegetables set aside in three bowls, with chopped chives in a fourth. Serve with well chilled soup.