Makes about 30
About ½ to ¾ cup of Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips or cooking chocolate
Hundreds and Thousands/Nonpareils
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F
- Make sure the butter is soft before using it, this trick works well. When butter is soft, cream together with icing sugar.
- Add sifted flour and custard powder and beat well. The mixture will seem very dry while beating in the flour and custard powder, keep beating and it will come together to form a solid ball. If it’s very cold and the butter isn’t very soft, you can add a teaspoon of boiling water to bring the mixture together.
- Roll into small balls, about the size of a large marble, and place on greased and floured cookie sheet.
- Press down with a fork dipped in powdered sugar.
- Bake for about 14-16 minutes or till slightly browned.
- When cool, dip half the biscuit/cookie into melted semi-sweet dark chocolate. Then dip the chocolate side into hundreds and thousands/ nonpareils.