1 package mixed lettuce leaves
2 red apples
1 tsp lemon juice
2/3 cup dried apricots
2/3 cup dried figs
1 cup roasted pecans
1/2 cup blue cheese
1/4 large cucumber
¼ cup canola oil
2 tbls grape vinegar
¾ tsp mustard powder
2 tbls sugar
Salt and freshly ground pepper
- Lay lettuce leaves on a platter.
- Quarter apples and remove the core but leave skin on.
- Thinly slice the apples. Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Thinly slice apricots and figs and cucumber.
- Crumble blue cheese.
- Place apples, figs, apricots, cucumber, cheese and pecans on top of lettuce leaves.
- Combine all ingredients for the salad dressing in a small bowl and mix.
- Pour dressing over salad just before serving.