If you’re looking for a scrumptious dessert that is dairy and gluten free, then Pavlova is what you’re looking for. This recipe produces a pavlova that is crispy and crunchy on the outside and resembles marshmallow fluff on the inside. Pair it with any seasonal fresh fruit that you like.
8 Egg Whites (1 cup)
Pinch of Salt
2 Cups White Sugar
1 Tsp White Vinegar
1 Level Tbsp Cornstarch
2 Tsp Vanilla Extract (or 1/2 Vanilla Pod, scraping out the beans)
Non Dairy Whipped Topping (Orly Whip, in South Africa or Rich’s Whip, in the states). If you can tolerate dairy, you can use regular whipping cream.
Sliced Fresh Fruit
1. Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F
2. Using a Kitchenaid or electric hand beaters, beat egg whites with a pinch of salt until frothy.
3. Gradually add the sugar while continuously beating.
4. Add the vanilla and beat until stiff.
5. Add the vinegar and beat again for a few minutes.
6. Quickly beat in the sifted cornstarch.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and pile mixture into the center, spread it into a circle and raise the side to support the filling.
8. Lower the oven temperature to 125°C/250°F and place pavlova into the oven.
9. Bake for 40 minutes, turn the oven off and leave for an additional 40 minutes or until firm and crispy on the outside.
10. Allow to cool completely, preferably overnight, and fill with whipped topping.
11.Top with sliced fresh fruit.