Summer is all about throwing some food on the BBQ and enjoying a glass of wine while watching the sun set. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together for a delicious summer dinner.
4 portions raw salmon steaks
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/3 cup maple syrup
Half a lemon squeezed
1 red onion
2 green peppers
2 red peppers
2 yellow sqush
Lawry’s seasoned salt
For the Salmon:
1. Soak the cedar plank in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Chop the peacans into small pieces.
3. In a medium bowl mix the pecans with the maple syrup and lemon juice.
4. Add the salmon to the mixing bowl and let marinate for 10 mins.
5. Place the salmon steaks onto the cedar planks. Be sure to add any leftover pecan maple mixture onto the top of each salmon steak
6. Place the cedar plank on the BBQ on high, close the lid and grill until done to your required taste. Roughly 10 mins
For the vegetable skewers:
1. Soak the skewers in water for an hour – this prevents them from burning
2. Cut all vegatables into chunks.
3. Push the vegetables onto the skewers alternating all the different vegetables
4. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with Lawry’s seasoned salt
5. Grill on high until vegetables are tender. Roughly 20 mins, turning every 5 mins.