Summer is all about throwing some food on the BBQ and enjoying a glass of wine while watching the sun set. This is a quick and easy recipe to put together for a delicious summer dinner.
4 portions raw salmon steaks
1/2 cup pecan nuts
1/3 cup maple syrup
Half a lemon squeezed
For the Salmon:
1. Soak the cedar plank in water for 2-3 hours.
2. Chop the peacans into small pieces.
3. In a medium bowl mix the pecans with the maple syrup and lemon juice.
4. Add the salmon to the mixing bowl and let marinate for 10 mins.
5. Place the salmon steaks onto the cedar planks. Be sure to add any leftover pecan maple mixture onto the top of each salmon steak
For the vegetable skewers:
1. Soak the skewers in water for an hour – this prevents them from burning
2. Cut all vegatables into chunks.
3. Push the vegetables onto the skewers alternating all the different vegetables