1Kg/2.2 Pounds Frozen Hake (or any medium firm white fish)
4 Cups Water
All Purpose Fish Seasoning
Salt & Pepper
1 ½ Cups Mayonnaise
¾ Cup Tomato Sauce/Ketchup
1 Tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tsp Finely Grated Onion
A Few Drops of Tabasco Sauce
Avocado for serving
1. Place 4 cups of water in a large frying pan or electric pan.
2. Peel onion and grate 1 tables finely and set aside.
3. Thickly slice the remaining onion and add to the water.
4. Also add 1 tsp fish seasoning, salt & pepper to the water and bring to a boil.
5. Add frozen fish pieces, a few at a time, into the boiling water. Bring the water back to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon and let cool. Repeat until all fish is poached.
6. If the fish has skin on, remove after cooking.
7. Place fish in a container with a lid and put it in the fridge to cool.
8. Mix the mayonnaise, tomato sauce, grated onion, lemon juice, tabasco, salt & pepper together.
9. Place in a sealed container in the fridge
Once the fish and sauce are cold (try to leave in fridge overnight if possible, otherwise a few hours will do):
1. Remove from the fridge and flake the fish.
2. Once the fish has been flaked gently fold the fish into the sauce.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
4. Serve cold with sliced avocado.