125G(1/2 cup) Butter
1/2 cup Sugar
2 Cups Flour
3 tsp Ginger
1 tsp Mixed Spice
1 tsp Bicarbonate of Soda
2 tbls Syrup or Honey – warmed
Raisins or chopped dates for the filling.
1. Oven temp 190◦ 375○
2. Cream butter & sugar.
3. Add eggs and warmed syrup-honey and beat again.
4. Sift dry ingredients and add to wet ingredients to form a soft dough.
5. Divide mixture in 3 logs.
6. Roll each log into a flat long shape.
7. Sprinkle with raisins or chopped dates and fold over to seal in fruit.
8. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 12 minutes or util golden.
9. Remove from oven and allow to cool.
10. Cut them into biscuits at an angle.
11. Can also mix icing sugar and lemon juice and pour over when removed from the oven.