(Makes approx. ¾ Cup)
1 Large Egg
1 ½ Tsp Fresh Lemon Juice
1 Tsp White Vinegar
¼ Tsp Dijon Mustard
½ Tsp Salt
¾ Cup Vegetable Oil (for Mayo) or Olive Oil (for Aioli)
1 Minced Clove of Garlic (for Aioli)
- Combine yolk, lemon juice, vinegar , mustard and salt (if making aioli, add the minced garlic as well)
- Whisk until blended and turns bright yellow, about 30 seconds.
- Add oil (vegetable oil for mayonnaise and olive oil for aioli), a few drops at a time using ¼ cup measure while whisking, about 4 mins.
- When this is well incorporated, add the additional ½ cup oil in a steady stream while whisking until thick, about 8 mins.
- Cover and chill in the fridge.
- Can be made 2 days ahead.